Georgia Pickle Labels
These two labels come from the Roddenbery Brothers in Cairo, Georgia. By the way, if you're from South Georgia that's pronounced “Kay_Row”. Both labels date back to 1939 and feature pretty girls. The Georgia Maid Party Pack Pickles label went on a 1 pint jar and measures 2.3” High x 1.75” Wide in mint condition. The Pickle Patch Dill Pickles label went on a 1 quart jar and measures 3” High x 2” Wide in mint condition. This label stressed that these pickles came from “The Pick Of The Patch” cucumbers.
Dr. Seaborn Anderson Roddenbery started his medicine practice in 1862 in a horse-drawn buggy. In the same year he purchased a farm and sold open kettle sugar cane syrup from his medical buggy as he made his rounds. By 1867 he had an office and a general store that sold syrup from large cypress barrels, and people would bring their own jars and fill them with his cane syrup. Within five more years he had acquired 1000 acres and started to reduce his medicine practice, since he claimed 90% of his patients didn’t pay him. In 1889 Roddenbery marketed the first pure Georgia cane syrup as "Roddenbery's Old Plantation Molasses." Around 1920 the business became known as the W. B. Roddenbery Company. It was 1934 when the company expanded their product line to include peanut butter and in 1936 they added pickles. They continued expanding their products adding boiled peanuts, watermelons, and even cigars under a variety of labels. By 1986, the company was producing 45 kinds of pickles, 12 types of syrups, 4 varieties of peanut butter, and millions of boiled peanuts. In 1993 Dallas-based Dean Foods purchased the W. R. Roddenbery Company and about ten years later they closed the Cairo facilities.
WE GUARANTEE ALL LABELS TO BE AUTHENTIC AND AS DESCRIBED!