GoodTest Ammonia Label
This large vintage label went on 12” tall clear multi-sided glass bottle that held 9.5 fluid ounces. We believe the label comes from the 1930s and measures 5” Tall x 3.75” Wide. It is a great looking label with sharp coloring in perfect condition. The ammonia was manufactured for the Union Liberty Company, S. Lipowicz Branch of Buffalo, New York.
Stanislaw (Stanley) K. Lipowicz was a wholesale grocer and established Lipowicz Wholesale Grocery in 1895. They sold many products besides ammonia. The Broadway-Fillmore neighborhood of Buffalo had a heavy concentration of Polish immigrants who were arriving in America to escape a homeland ruled by Prussia, Austria, and Russia. They were looking for opportunities they couldn’t find in Poland. Although it started with a section built in 1900, Lipowicz Wholesale Grocery hired Wladyslaw H. Zawadzki, a famous architect of the day, to make a substantial multistory addition to the building in 1912. The business no longer exists, but the building survives as a landmark in Buffalo.
WE GUARANTEE ALL LABELS TO BE AUTHENTIC AND AS DESCRIBED!