MOUSE OVER TO ZOOM
CLICK TO ENLARGE
LEFT RIGHT

Southern Plantation Georgia Cane Syrup Label

SKU: FAB1001 $6.95 USD



Historic Overview

This Georgia Cane Syrup label went on a 1 pound 2 ounce can and measures 10.85” Wide x 3” High. It was grown, packed, and guaranteed by Cane Growers Co-Operative Association in Cairo, Georgia, who was really the W. B. Roddenbery Company.This was made from pure Georgia ribbon cane and “absolutely nothing else but the juice of Georgia ribbon cane.” The label is just gorgeous and the images don’t really do it justice. It features a Southern Mansion, workers harvesting the sugar cane, and a little log cabin in the woods with a black family making the syrup. I love their slogan, “When Better Syrup is Made. We Will Make It.”   We acquired these labels from a former employee who found them in the “Old Association Warehouse” in Cairo, Ga.


Dr. Seaborn Anderson Roddenbery started his medicine practice in 1862 in a horse-drawn buggy. In the same year he purchased a farm and sold open kettle sugar cane syrup from his medical buggy as he made his rounds. By 1867 he had an office and a general store that sold syrup from large cypress barrels, and people would bring their own jars and fill them with his cane syrup. Within five more years he had acquired 1000 acres and started to reduce his medicine practice, since he claimed 90% of his patients didn’t pay him anyway. In 1889 Roddenbery marketed the first pure Georgia cane syrup as "Roddenbery's Old Plantation Molasses." Around 1920 the business became known as the W. B. Roddenbery Company and he formed the Cane Growers Co-Operative Association. W. H. Roddenbery was a brother-in-law and owned a wholesale grocery store in Cairo. He had Roddenbery package syrup for him and later the W. B. Roddenbery Company packaged syrup for companies like A & P, Blue Plate, and Kraft. He changed the labels to read “packed for” instead of “packed by”.


WE GUARANTEE OUR LABELS TO BE AUTHENTIC AND AS DESCRIBED!



Customers Also Viewed

Southern Plantation Georgia Cane Syrup Label
$5.75
This Georgia Cane Syrup label went on a 1 pound 2 ounce can and measures 10.85” Wide x 3” High. It was grown, packed, and guaranteed by Cane Growers Co-Operative Association in Cairo, Georgia, who was really the W. B. Roddenbery Company.This was made from pure Georgia ribbon cane and “absolutely nothing else but the juice of Georgia ribbon cane.” The label is just gorgeous and the images don’t really do it justice. It features a Southern Mansion, workers harvesting the sugar cane, and a little log cabin in the woods with a black family making the syrup. I love their slogan, “When Better Syrup is Made. We Will Make It.”   We acquired these labels from a former employee who found them in the “Old Association Warehouse” in Cairo, Ga. Dr. Seaborn Anderson Roddenbery started his medicine practice in 1862 in a horse-drawn buggy. In the same year he purchased a farm and sold open kettle sugar cane syrup from his medical buggy as he made his rounds. By 1867 he had an office and a general store that sold syrup from large cypress barrels, and people would bring their own jars and fill them with his cane syrup. Within five more years he had acquired 1000 acres and started to reduce his medicine practice, since he claimed 90% of his patients didn’t pay him anyway. In 1889 Roddenbery marketed the first pure Georgia cane syrup as "Roddenbery's Old Plantation Molasses." Around 1920 the business became known as the W. B. Roddenbery Company and he formed the Cane Growers Co-Operative Association. W. H. Roddenbery was a brother-in-law and owned a wholesale grocery store in Cairo. He had Roddenbery package syrup for him and later the W. B. Roddenbery Company packaged syrup for companies like A & P, Blue Plate, and Kraft. He changed the labels to read “packed for” instead of “packed by”. WE GUARANTEE OUR LABELS TO BE AUTHENTIC AND AS DESCRIBED!
Happy Kids Georgia Peanut Butter Shield Label
$2.15
This Happy Kids Peanut Butter shield label is from the W.B. Roddenbery Co. in Cairo, Georgia. By the way, if you're from South Georgia that's pronounced “Kay_Row”. The label dates back to 1935 and has an image of a typical “Family of Four.”  This was the newer label and it stressed that it was made from “Carefully Selected Radiant Ray Roasted Peanuts”. The label went on an 8 oz. jar and measures 1.75" Wide x 2.37” High in near mint condition. Dr. Seaborn Anderson Roddenbery started his medicine practice in 1862 in a horse-drawn buggy. In the same year he purchased a farm and sold open kettle sugar cane syrup from his medical buggy as he made his rounds. By 1867 he had an office and a general store that sold syrup from large cypress barrels, and people would bring their own jars and fill them with his cane syrup. Within five more years he had acquired 1000 acres and started to reduce his medicine practice, since he claimed 90% of his patients didn’t pay him. In 1889 Roddenbery marketed the first pure Georgia cane syrup as "Roddenbery's Old Plantation Molasses." Around 1920 the business became known as the W. B. Roddenbery Company. It was 1934 when the company expanded their product line to include peanut butter in 1936 they added pickles. They continued expanding their products adding boiled peanuts, watermelons, and even cigars under a variety of labels. By 1986, the company was producing 45 kinds of pickles, 12 types of syrups, 4 varieties of peanut butter, and millions of boiled peanuts. In 1993 Dallas-based Dean Foods purchased the W. R. Roddenbery Company and about ten years later they closed the Cairo facilities.   WE GUARANTEE OUR LABELS TO BE AUTHENTIC AND AS DESCRIBED!


Customer Reviews WRITE A REVIEW

Error message here!

Hide Error message here!

Forgot your password?

Error message here!

Error message here!

Hide Error message here!

Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link to create a new password.

Error message here!

Back to log-in

Close